- It is the action of creating metadata to characterize the data and to allow to train machine models learning. For example, identifying an house on a satellite image, or to attach textual information to a type of named entity on a document.
- It is the metadata created. For example, the box delimiting the on the satellite image, or the selection of textual information related to its typology of named entities.
- It is the annotation or combination of all annotations created on an asset. For example, all houses identified on the satellite image, or all the information annotated text on the document.
- It is the combination of a dataset to be annotated, an interface adapted to the annotation task, of one or more participants, specific quality parameters, and potentially a specific machine learning model.
- It is a data line. It is a satellite image for to use our example, or a document.
- These are the instructions given at the project level or illustrating specific annotation tasks, made available in the annotation interface, to help annotators to do their job well.
- It is a quality parameter to measure the agreement between several annotations of the same asset, made by different annotators. Consistency between the annotators.
- It is a quality parameter to measure the agreement between a asset pre-annotated (a golden standard) and the annotation made by an annotator. Quality is measured against a predefined truth.
- It is the graphical user interface configured at the beginning of a project, made available to users, to enable them to perform the annotation task.